Z-A challenge in 26 days: November 3rd: X as in Xeric

Wednesday, November 3, 2010


Hmmm...

What kind of a letter is X. I mean seriously, do we ever think about X in a right way? Think of it and you will realize, X is often used as a "cross mark", a "don't", a "not", a "wrong". X belongs to a negative category and is full of dryness. Believe me or not, i googled words starting with the alphabet X and more than 50% of the words name some kind of a disease...good god!

Here is what X says,

Please don't say i am X for XERIC,
Why wont you rather think, i am unique !

I Know,
I don't spell L for Love and B for Blossom
But that doesn't mean i am not A for Awesome!

Yes, i know i stand for Wrong (X)
I have been doing it all along,
How otherwise would you praise Right (
)
If wrong is not sitting in its place uptight !!!

It takes courage,
To be an X,
To show all the negative sense,
To let the positive dwell around you,
Right now and hence :)



PS: Xeric means Dry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bingo .. I too googled and found most of the negattives Xs , and thats why , my poem brought out the negative shades of X too :) and yours is nice , I loved the rhyming , and esp the bold Xeric :) it takes courage to say that and lot more to say it loud ! :)

Vinay Leo R. said...

I think thats nice.. X stands alone ;)

Anonymous said...

So fun. I was going to use xeriscape which is big here in NV...but you remind me, I haven't posted yet!
Victoria